Saturday, January 9, 2010

Maryland Trip (October 2009)

Way back in October, right after I turned 1 year old, Daddy took Mommy and I out to visit Maryland. We were lucky enough to stay with friends of his family in the house right next door to where he used to live! This was in Cape St. Claire right on Chesapeake Bay. I got to play around on the shore with sticks and walked up and down collecting rocks and polished sea glass. We also went out on a boat - I wasn't too sure about it, and hated my life vest, but eventually settled down and enjoyed the ride.

We visited the Naval Academy (where Daddy went to school) on a couple different occasions. The first time, we walked around the campus to see the buildings. The second time we went to shop. Here's a photo of Daddy and I at Memorial Hall.


We also spent a good amount of time eating. Our second night there, our family and the Schneiders (our hosts and their kids and grandkids) had a traditional Maryland blue crab picnic dinner on newspaper and picnic tables. I managed to sleep through the entire evening, but they bought enough crab for another night's dinner so I got to see how it was done. Daddy and Mommy say its a good thing I like seafood!

1 comment:

DDdd said...

Apparently we should have gone up to Annapolis to see you guys! Sailing, crabing, and the beach! I like the beach. Maybe we'll see you next time! I'm trying to convince Daddy to take me with him to a conference in San Diego in May. So far no luck though.