Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wild Animal Park

Last Friday, Mommy took me to the Wild Animal Park with Grandma Sue and Auntie Sammy.  It was my first real outing other than soccer games and walks around the neighborhood.  Mommy carried me most of the day in our Baby Bjorn.  I like facing out and being able to see everything!
Our first stop was at the African elephant barn.  We saw a few of the big elephants and even a couple of the babies!  They are a lot better at getting around than I am.


Next we went to Condor Ridge and visited the California Condors.  Mommy told me she used to watch and study them at the WAP and introduced me to Sespe (one of the captive condors).  I wasn't as impressed as she hoped.  They just looked like big ugly birds to me.

After that we meandered through the Heart of Africa trail and saw some lions, a lot mo
re birds, an okapi, gazelle, rhinos, giraffes (my favorite!), etc.  Lunch time came, we all ate, and then went to see the gorillas.  Mommy read about gorilla babies and how they are just as helpless as us human babies when they're born.

At the end of the day I was super tired and started to fall asleep in Mommy's arm.  Yet she still managed to get a few photos of me with the girls and with the famous rhino statue.

No comments: