Monday, September 22, 2008

Home from the Hospital

So the little guy and I arrived home from the hospital on Saturday afternoon.  Although I'll spare you the details, we had an extended stay due to complications and fetal distress during labor.  Dalton's heart rate plummeted and his delivery required an emergency c-section.  As such, we got to spend a wonderful 72 hours in a "semi-private" recovery suite.  Needless to say, there are no cute post-delivery photos with me looking all refreshed and invigorated - rather, I am drugged and completely out of it.  Here are some of us (he is the cute one that looks like a little peanut):
Anyhow we are both adjusting to life at home and trying to figure this whole thing out.  We are both still extremely worn out.  Thank you to everyone who has sent kind emails, other messages, or gifts - I appreciate all of the well wishes but please be patient in expecting a response. 

1 comment:

DDdd said...

He's adorable!! Well done.